The hand-held plusoptiX S12R mobile screening is simple to use, takes less than one second and can be performed by non-medical staff or volunteers with the easy push of a button.
S12R Vision Screener Demo
Selecting and Customizing
How to Perform a Good
Features and Benefits
- Binocular, non-invasive readings with simultaneous measurement of both eyes.
- Intuitive, icon based 4.3‘‘ touchscreen operation.
- Measurement from 1 m (3.3 feet) distance to the child.
- Measurement in less than one second.
- Can be used on undilated pupils.
- Fully automated function.
- Children can be measured starting at 6 months of age.
- Provides in-built patient database for up to 100,000 entries for follow-up management and studies
- Saves screening reports to SD Card
- Measurement is delegable and can easily be performed by an ophthalmic technician.
- Possibility to measure over glasses and contact lenses.
- Optional wireless printer available
- Optional carrying case available
- Measurement results are compared to age specific thresholds and a “Pass” or “Refer” vision screening result is displayed (“Refer” vision screening result need to be sent to an eye care professional for an eye examination).
- SE - The Spherical equivalent is portrayed instead of the sphere, to assure that the referral criteria can be used independently from the cylinder adjustment in settings. The Spherical equivalent is defined as “Sphere + ½ Cylinder"
Note: Onsite training is available.
- S12R Vision Screener
- (1) SD Card
- (6) AA Rechargeable Batteries
- (1) Power Adapter
- (1) Power Cord
- User Manual
- CPT Code: 99177 - Instrument-based ocular screening, bilateral, with on-site analysis
- ICD-10 Codes
- Z00.121 - Routine child health exam with abnormal findings
- Z00.122 - Routine child health exam without abnormal findings.
- Reimbursement varies from $10.00 - $30.00
- Dimensions: 6 x 7 3/4" x 5 1/4"
- Weight: 1.7 lbs
- Measurement values:
- Metered Value: Measurement range and tolerance
- Sphere: -7 to +5 dpt in 0.25 dpt steps ± 0.25 dpt
- Cylinder: -7 to +5 dpt in 0.25 dpt steps ± 0.25 dpt
- Axis: 1 to 180° in 1° steps ± 15°
- Spherical Equivalent: -7 to +5 dpt in 0,25 dpt increments ± 0,25 dpt
- Pupil Diameter: 4 to 8 mm in 0.1 mm steps ± 5%
- Gaze asymmetry: 0 to 25° in 0.1° steps ± 5°
- Interpupillary distance: 25 to 85 mm in 0.1 mm steps ± 5%
- Interfaces and standards
- Interfaces: USB, IR, WLAN
- plusoptiX S12C Screen: Diagonal 4.3‘‘, aspect ratio 5:3 (800 x 480 pixels); Resistive contact sensor
- IR: Plusoptix devices use infrared light with a wavelength of 870nm and a maximum intensity of 135mW/sr.
- Power Supply
- Medical Power Adapter
- Input: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/0 Hz, 0,9 - 0,45 A
- Output: 12 VDC, 3A, 36 W max.
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Type/Size: Nickel metal hydride NiMH / AA HR6
- Wattage/Number: 1900 mAh / 6 pieces
- Environmental Conditions for Operation and Storage
- Temperature: 0 to +50°C
- Humidity: 10 to 80% non-condensing
- Temperature: +10 to +50°C
- Humidity: 20 to 80% non-condensing
- Max. Height
- Max. Storage Height: <2000m (78,740’’)
- Max. Operational Height: <2000m (78,740’’)