The hand-held plusoptiX S12C mobile screening is simple to use, takes less than one second and can be performed by non-medical staff or volunteers with the easy push of a button.
S12C Vision Screener Demo
Selecting and Customizing
How to Perform a Good
Features and Benefits
- Binocular, non-invasive readings with simultaneous measurement of both eyes.
- Intuitive, icon based 5.7" touchscreen operation.
- Measurement from 1 m (3.3 feet) distance to the child.
- Measurement in less than one second.
- Can be used on undilated pupils.
- Fully automated function.
- Children can be measured starting at 6 months of age.
- Provides in-built patient database for up to 100,000 entries for follow-up management and studies
- Saves screening reports to SD Card
- Measurement is delegable and can easily be performed by an ophthalmic technician.
- Possibility to measure over glasses and contact lenses.
- Can be connected to a DHCP network server using wireleess connection for CSV data exchange (EMR) and screening report printing
- Optional wireless printer available
- Optional carrying case available
- HOTV critical line testing feature, enables users to perform a critical line distance visual acuity testing based on the 10/16 line
- Measurement results are compared to age specific thresholds and a “Pass” or “Refer” vision screening result is displayed (“Refer” vision screening result need to be sent to an eye care professional for an eye examination)
- The Spherical equivalent is portrayed instead of the sphere, to assure that the referral criteria can be used independently from the cylinder adjustment in settings. The Spherical equivalent is defined as “Sphere + ½ Cylinder"
Note: Onsite training is available.
- S12C Vision Screener
- (1) SD Card
- (6) AA Rechargeable Batteries
- (1) Power Adapter
- (1) Power Cord
- User Manual
- CPT Code
- 99177 - Instrument-based ocular screening, bilateral, with on-site analysis
- 99173 - Screening test of visual acuity, quantitative, bilateral
- ICD-10 Codes
- Z00.121 - Routine child health exam with abnormal findings
- Z00.122 - Routine child health exam without abnormal findings.
- Reimbursement varies from $10.00 - $30.00
- Dimensions: 5 1/2" x 10 1/4" x 5 1/2"
- Weight: 2.2 lbs
- Measurement values:
- Metered Value: Measurement range and tolerance
- Sphere: -7 to +5 dpt in 0.25 dpt steps ± 0.25 dpt
- Cylinder: -7 to +5 dpt in 0.25 dpt steps ± 0.25 dpt
- Axis: 1 to 180° in 1° steps ± 15°
- Spherical Equivalent: -7 to +5 dpt in 0,25 dpt increments ± 0,25 dpt
- Pupil Diameter: 3 to 8 mm in 0.1 mm steps ± 5%
- Gaze asymmetry: 0 to 25° in 0.1° steps ± 5°
- Interpupillary distance: 25 to 85 mm in 0.1 mm steps ± 5%
- Interfaces and standards
- Interfaces: USB, IR, WLAN
- plusoptiX S12C Screen: Diagonal 5.7‘‘, aspect ratio 4:3 (640 x 480 pixels); Capacitive contact sensor
- IR: Plusoptix devices use infrared light with a wavelength of
870nm and a maximum intensity of 135mW/sr.
- WLAN Interface Standards
- Physical Layer: Supports 802.11 b and g standards
- Network Architecture Types: Communication with cabled networks via access points
- Security: WPA and WPA2
- Transmit Power: 802.11b/g: 50 mW (+17 dBm) typically
- Frequency Range: 2,400 - 2,4897 GHz
- Operating Channels
- 1-11 for North America
- 1-13 for Europe
- Channels: Supports all channels of 802.11d-APs
- RX Sensitivity:
- 86 dBm typically @ 11 Mbps,
- 82 dBm @ 6 Mbps,
- 69 dBm @ 54 Mbps
- Data rates:
- 802.11g: 6, 9, 12, 18, 24, 36, 48, 54 Mbps
- 802.11b: 1, 2, 5.5, 11 Mbps
- Power Supply
- Medical Power Adapter
- Input: 100 - 240 VAC, 50/0 Hz, 0,9 - 0,45 A
- Output: 12 VDC, 3A, 36 W max.
- Rechargeable Batteries
- Type/Size: Nickel metal hydride NiMH / AA HR6
- Wattage/Number: 1900 mAh / 6 pieces
- Environmental Conditions for Operation and Storage
- Temperature: 0 to +50°C
- Humidity: 10 to 80% non-condensing
- Temperature: +10 to +50°C
- Humidity: 20 to 80% non-condensing
- Max. Height
- Max. Storage Height: <2000m (78,740’’)
- Max. Operational
Height: <2000m (78,740’’)