The ADC e-sphyg is a revolutionary aneroid sphygmomanometer that replaces a gauge's vulnerable mechanical movement with virtually indestructible digital circuitry. It is to sphygs, what the quartz watch was to timepieces.
The instrument requires measurement using the proven auscultatory method - the same technique used for well over a century. The only difference is that instead of using a difficult to read, and often out of calibration analog gauge, or potentially dangerous mercury filled instrument, the healthcare professional uses an instrument featuring a bright, back-lit LCD display with 3.4" tall digits in a housing that is both splash and shock resistant. In fact, it is virtually unbreakable. Manometer compatible with virtually any cuff on the market.
Features and Benefits
- Virtually indestructible design can withstand repeated drops of 5 feet or more
- Splash resistant housing for use in harsh environments
- Swivel cuff clip allows the manometer to be re-positioned for easy viewing
- Auto off function conserves battery strength
- Dual low battery warnings
- Recalibration reminder after 10,000 cycles (recalibration is free for the life of the instrument)
- Systolic assist alerts practitioner to the onset of Korotkoff sounds – makes a great training aid
- Deflation rate display promotes proper technique in accordance with AHA guidelines
- Pulse rate display at completion of measurement
- Manometer works with virtually every cuff on the market
- Requires familiar and trusted manual auscultation to obtain blood pressure readings (use of stethoscope)
- 2 “AAA” batteries (included)
- Two-year warranty.
- Lifetime calibration warranty.