The SRS Multi-Lesion Brain QA Phantom, Model 037, provides a unique solution for fast, comprehensive film dosimetry for single isocenter plans treating multiple targets simultaneously. The phantom may be used for thorough validation of multi-lesion treatment methods and for patient-specific quality assurance.
The phantom is rectangular in shape with rounded corners to minimize CT artifacts and large enough in size to cover brain anatomy variations. Linear attenuation of simulated brain tissue is within 1% of real tissue from 50keV to 15MeV.
The phantom receives radiochromic film to as many as 29 locations in 5mm increments. Pre-loaded polyester film sheets allow flexibility in film placement without affecting sensitive geometry. External grooves and marking on the phantom sides helps with easy film positioning at only desired locations to cover specific lesions. Film provides a distinct advantage over ion chamber or diode array quality assurance systems because multiple planning target volumes (PTVs) can be reviewed individually.
CIRS offers pre-cut EBT3 film designed specifically to fit the Model 037. A sample pack of CIRS Precision Cut™ film is shipped with the phantom. Additional film may be purchased as an optional accessory.
Four threaded rods, each made of different materials hold together the assembled phantom and allow for registration to ExacTrac systems.
Note: This product cannot be exported to the following countries: United Kingdom, France, New Zealand, Germany, Austria, Italy, Japan, Australia, Belguim, Benelux Region, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Hungary, Luxembourg, Poland, Romania, Slovak Republic, South Korea, Taiwan, The Netherlands, Turkey, Saudi Arabia and Switzerland.
Features and Benefits
- Receives up to 29 GafChromic films
- Allows dose measurements to multiple targets with
a single delivery
- Alignment marks for repeatable set up with submillimeter
- Pre-loaded polyester sheets allow flexibility in number
and location of films
- Accurate film registration markings for dose
- (1) Multi-Lesion Brain QA Phantom
- (1) Sample Precision Cut EBT3 Film Kit
- (1) Foam-Lined Carry Case
- User Manual
- Dimensions: 150 mm x 190 mm x 170 mm
- Weight: 11 lbs
- Film Dimensions: 167 mm x 150 mm
- Material: Brain Epoxy Resin
- Polyester Sheet (PET): 29 pcs, 0.3 mm thick