The Pneupac VR1® Automatic Resuscitator is designed for caregivers wherever breathing failure emergencies occur: in hospitals, industrial or commercial settings, transport situations, or remote locations. The unit’s simplicity, portability, and safety make it the ideal choice for emergency resuscitation. A single control for setting the frequency and tidal volume, including a clickstop setting at the recommended adult position, enables rapid set-up in demanding circumstances. Auto/manual controls, a patient demand system, MR compatibility, and other features provide the means to manage respiratory emergencies.
Features and Benefits
- Small, lightweight design has all the advantages of portability, without compromising key clinical features
- Single control for tidal volume/ frequency control enables quick set-up for patients’ requirements.
- Auto/manual control allows the operator to choose automatic mode or to provide ventilation manually.
- Integrated patient demand system allows synchronized interaction with the patient’s own breathing efforts
- Gas powered unit eliminates the need for electricity
- Linked manual controls allow the ventilator to be used in a variety of chest compression/ventilation options in cardiac life support.
- Patient valve/input hose is extremely flexible and easily removed for cleaning
- MR compatibility provides maximum flexibility for transport and use within the hospital.
- VR1 Ventilator
- (1) Flotec MRI regulator with a DISS connection and liter flow
- (1) Oxygen Green Hoese
- (1) Pair Velcro Hand Straps
- (1) Disposable Patient Circuit Kit with Exhaust Collector and PEEP Valve
- User Manual
- Principle of Operation
- Gas powered, hand-held control unit with patient valve including automatic and manual modes with demand breathing
- Manual Mode
- Preset breaths, singly or in a controlled breathing pattern may be selected by use of a push-button or omni-directional lever
- Automatic Mode
- The ventilatory resuscitator cycles in accordance with the setting of a single control that changes the tidal volume and frequency dependently with a constant I:E ratio of 1:2
- Patient Type
- Patients above 10kg needing resuscitation/venitilatory support
- Demand: Included
- Single, calibrated, tidal volume/frequency control gives simultaneous and inter-dependent adjustment of tidal volume and frequency
- Tidal Volume and Frequency
- 400 mL/15 bpm
- 500 mL/12 bpm
- 600 mL/10 bpm
- 600 mL/10 bpm (detent)
- 800 mL/10 bpm
- Flow Range
- Pressure Relief with Pneumatic Alarm
- Dimensions (Including patient valve)
- Length: 6.69 inches (170 mm)
- Width: 3.74 inches (95 mm)
- Height: 3.94 inches (100 mm)
- Weight: 14.82 ounces (420 grams)
- Weight: 8.3 lbs (3.75 kg)
- Standards: EN60601-1, EN794-3: 1999