Performing spirometry tests could not be easier than with the new Micro Direct alpha touch spirometer. Simply enter the patient’s details on the color touch-screen display, select FVC or VC and begin the test series.
information is presented in an easy to read format on a clear, bright
color display. The best test is automatically selected and built-in
quality control checks insure accurate results. Test data along with
the diagnostic interpretation and estimated lung age can be instantly
printed on the integrated printer, converted to a PDF and printed using
the included reports PC software or downloaded to the optional Spirotrac
The alpha touch features a highly
accurate Fleisch pneumotach flow measuring system, battery operated
portability and is shipped complete with all necessary accessories in a
study carrying case. The easy to use and affordable all-in-one alpha touch spirometer provides a fast, accurate and cost effective spirometry solution.
Features and Benefits
- Rapid, low cost testing.
- Accurate Fleisch pneumotach.
- Color high resolution touch-screen display.
- Fast, quiet internal printer or letter-sized reports via "Reports" PDF software.
- Rechargeable battery pack.
- Real-time F/V or V/T curve.
- Choice of child incentives.
- Simple icon-driven menus.
- Clear, easy-to-read report.
- On-screen test quality prompts.
- Pre/Post bronchodilator comparison.
- Autoclaveable flow head.
- Complete with durable carrying case.
- Dimensions: 12” x 10” x 3”
- Weight: 4 pounds 7 ounces net
- Subjects: Name, ID, Age, Height, Gender, Smoking Status, Body Mass Index and more depending on model. Storage of up to 10,000 subjects.
- Parameters Measured (depending on model): VC, IVC, IC, VT (TV), TLC, RV, IRV, ERV, FRC, FVC, FIVC, FEV1, FEV3, FEV6, FEV1/VC, FEV1/FVC, FEV3/VC, FEV3/FVC, FEV1/FEV6, FEF75, FEF50, FEF25, FEF25-75, FEF25-75/FVC, FIV1, PIF, FIV1/FIVC, FIF25, FIF50, FIF75, FEF50/FIF50, FET, MVVind, FEV1 Ratio, FEV0.5, PEF L/min, PEF L/sec, FEF 0.2-1.2, FEF75-85%, FEF25%, FEF50%, FEF75%, FMFT, FIF25%, FIF50%, FIF75%, PIF, FEV0.75, Lung Age and more.
- Environmental Data: Temperature (built-in sensor)
- Test Types: Single breath tests, flow/volume loops, multi-breath testing, tidal breathing and combined VC/FVC type test methods supported.
- Predicted Normals: NHANES III, Polgar, Knudson, Crapo, Hsu and many more
- Suggested Interpretation: User Selectable
- Storage Humidity: 10% to 95%
- Storage Temperature: 32-122oF
- Recommended Operating Range: 63-98oF; Design Limits: 50 - 104oF
- Data Storage: Stores up to 10,000 subjects
- PowerSAFETM: Input 100 - 240V AC 50-60Hz
- Output: 12V DC
- Battery Pack: Rechargeable NiMh, 7.2V 1,800mAH
- Flow Detection Principle: Fleisch type Pneumotachograph
- Volume Detection: Flow integration sampling @ 100 Hz
- Resolution: 10 mL volume; 0.01 L/s flow
- Accuracy when in Operating Range:
- Flow +/- from 10% to 5%
- Max flow rate +/- 16 L/s
- Min flow rate +/- 0.02 L/s
- Volume Accuracy: Better than +/- 3%
- Maximum Display Volume: 10 L
- Linearity: +/- 3%
- Maximum Test Duration: 90 seconds
- Flow Impedance: <01.kPa/L/s @ 14 L/s Complies with ATS/ERS 2005
- Printer: Thermal
- Performance Standards: ISO 26782:2009; ISO 23747:2007; ATS/ERS 2005
- Safety Standards: IEC 60601-1:2005
- Medical Devices Directive: 93/42/EEC1993 as amended
- Designed & Manufactured Under: ISO 13485:2003, FDA 21CFR820 and CMDR
- Communications: USB and CF Card
- Connectivity: USB 2 B