Note: This product can only ship to a medical or an educational facility or requires a prescription.
The Accutest URS-10 Urine Reagent Strips for Urinalysis are in-vitro diagnostic test devices that use reagents for qualitative and semi-qualitative urinalysis. Several different reagent areas are affixed to the firm plastic strips. Test results provide information regarding the status of carbohydrate metabolism, kidney and liver functions, acid-base balance, and bacteriuria.
These single-use strips are designed for point-of-care facilities and centralized laboratory locations by medical technologists. Read strips visually or with the Siemens / Bayer Clinitek 50, 100, 200, and 500 analyzers.
Features and Benefits
- CLIA Waived when read visually.
- Fast, qualitative results that are easy to read.
- Tests for Blood, Urobilinogen, Bilirubin, Protein, Nitrite, Ketone, Glucose, pH, Specific Gravity and Leukocytes.
- 100 test strips/bottle.
- FDA-cleared for use with Siemens / Bayer Clinitek 50, 100, 200, and 500 analyzers.
- Urobilinogen: Based on Ehrlich reaction in which a pink-red color is produced in a strongly acidic medium.
- Billrubin: Direct bilirubin and dichlorobenzene produces fuchsia azo dyes in a strongly acidic medium.
- Ketone: Acetoacetate and sodium nitroprusside produces a violet color in an alkaline medium.
- Blood: Hemoglobin causes peroxidase to release neo-ecotypes oxcide, which oxcidizes the indicator, causing a color change.
- Protein: An ion attracted by the cation on the protein molecule makes the indicator further ionized, changing its color.
- Nitrate: Diazonium reacts with tetrahydro benzo(h) quinolin 3-phenol, causing a color change.
- Leukocytes: Pyrrole reacts with diazonium forms a purple color.
- Glucose: Neo-ecotypes oxide oxidizes iodide potassium, causing a color change.
- Specific Gravity: Reaction produces hydrogenous ionogen, reacting with a pH indicator that causes a color change.
- pH: Based on double indicator principle giving a broad range of colors covering the entire urinary pH range.
- 100 urine reagent strips
- 1 procedural insert.
- Code: 81002
- Average Reimbursement: $3.49 (CLIA Waived)