Whether you are an experienced rescuer or a first-time responder, the Powerheart G5 automated external defibrillator (AED) provides a powerful combination of features that help rescuers provide sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) victims with swift, effective, and life-saving therapy. The Powerheart G5 is the first FDA-approved AED to combine fully automatic shock delivery, dual-language functionality, variable escalating energy, and fast shock times to help save an SCA victim‘s life.
Features and Benefits
- Easy without compromise
- Perform each step of the rescue with user-paced
instruction from RescueCoach™ voice and text prompts.
Pads can be placed on either side of a victim’s chest,
and the Powerheart G5 only provides an automatic shock
when it is required. After the rescue, extract event data
immediately from a USB port.
- Reliable and rugged
- Feel confident knowing your Powerheart G5 will be ready when called upon
thanks to the highly visible Rescue Ready® indicator that communicates rescue
status and confirms that the internal circuitry, medical-grade battery, and
rescue pads have passed daily, weekly, and monthly self-tests. In fact, a collective
4,100 hours of Rescue Ready self-tests around the world are performed each day.
The durable G5 has been tested to military standards and features an IP55 rating
for protection against dust and water.
- Adjust rescue prompts to match the
rescuer’s skill level and change shock
and CPR protocols to match clinical
preferences. Easily update settings
if resuscitation guidelines change.
- Incredibly Smart
- Watch as the G5 customizes the shock to deliver the appropriate
energy needed to each patient . Defibrillation energy automatically
escalates if additional shocks are needed with a fast shock time
of 10 seconds or less. If more than one shock is required, the AED
does not repeat the same effort. Rather, it increases the energy
input to an appropriate higher level.
- Fluent in two languages
- Touch a button to change the voice prompts to
one of the chosen languages without restarting
or delaying the rescue
- G5 Powerheart AED Unit
- (2) Sets G5 Intellisense Adult Defibrillation Pads
- (1) G5 IntelliSense Battery
- (1) Universal Ready Kit
- (1) AED Manager Software
- (1) Premium Carry Case
- (1) USB Cable
- User Manual
- Operations: Fully automatic and semi-automatic versions
- Dimensions: 3.4" × 9.0" × 11.8"
- Waveform: STAR® biphasic truncated exponential
- Therapy range (J): 95J to 354J (adult)
- Fast shock feature:
- Fully Automatic: 5 energy protocols available
- Semi-Automatic: Able to deliver a shock after the end of a CPR cycle in 10 seconds or less
- Voice prompts: RescueCoach™ prompts provide user-paced instruction
- Text screen: Displays rescue prompts and critical rescue information
- Audible alerts: Voice prompt, system alert
- Synchronized shock: Built-in automatic synchronization feature
- Pacemaker pulse detection: Yes
- Pediatric capability: Therapy range (VE) 22J to 82J, pediatric prompts
- Dual Language: Latin American Spanish and English (Optional)
- Customizable: Voice prompt, CPR settings, and shock protocols via AED Manager
- CPR: Metronome for CPR compression rate
- Visible indicators: Rescue Ready®, battery, service, and pad status
- Dust/water Resistance: IP55 (IEC 60529)
- Operating Temperature 32 °F to +122 °F (0 °C to 50 °C)
- Altitude: –1,253 ft (–382 m) to (15,073 ft) 4,594 m
- Drop: MIL-STD-810G, 516.6 (Procedure IV) for 1.22 m drop
- Shocks: MIL-STD-810G, 516.6 (Procedure 1)
- Vibration (sine and random): MIL-STD-810G, 514.6 (Procedure 1, Cat 24)
- EMI (radiated/immunity): IEC 60601-2-4
- PADS: Intellisense™ Defibrallation Pads
- Type: Disposable, non-polarized (pads can be placed in either position)
- Shelf life: 2 years
- 8-Year Warranty
- 4-year, full operational replacement on lithium battery.