Litholyme® is a new CO2 absorbent that eliminates the common concerns with traditional soda lime based products in that it eliminates the potential for production of compound A, carbon monoxide, and excessive heat. Suitable for low flow applications, Litholyme is minimally exothermic, and its patented formula does not interact with sevoflurane or other commonly used inhalation anesthetic agents, even under fully desiccated conditions.
Litholyme features a permanent and profound white-to-violet color change that will indicate exhaustion or desiccation, eliminating the possibility for inadvertent use of expended product. Additionally, the violet color of exhausted or desiccated product will not fade or revert over time.
Features and Benefits
- No degradation of inhalation anesthetic agents.
- As Litholyme reaches CO2 absorption capacity, it permanently turns a deep violet color.
- Efficient CO2 absorption properties allow it to last as much as 30% longer than other premium CO2 absorbents.
- Litholyme is produced as hard D-shaped granules that are optimized for maximum flow with low potential for channeling.
- This resilient absorbent formulation exceeds USP standards, with minimal dust content and optimal porosity.
- Litholyme will not produce carbon monoxide, compound A, or excessive amounts of heat.
- The permanent and profound color change of Litholyme means that with one quick glance you can determine the status of your absorbent.